The UK’s Best Esports Betting Sites for 2021
|eSports Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Games||Esports Betting Types||Esports Payout||Esports Bookmaker Rating||Secure Link||Terms:|
|1. Unibet||£40 In Free Bets||
4.90 ★ out of 5
|www.unibet.com||Full T&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply.|
|2. Mr Green||£10 Acca Free Bet||
4.80 ★ out of 5
|www.mrgreen.com||T&Cs apply. New players only. The qualifying bets to claim the Bet must have minimum odds of 3/1 (4.00) or higher before triggering free bets. 18+. BeGambleAware.org|
|3. bet365||£100 In Bet Credits||
4.80 ★ out of 5
|www.bet365.com||Full T&Cs apply. Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
|4. Coral||£20 In Free Bets||
4.80 ★ out of 5
|www.coral.co.uk||Full T&C’s apply. 18+. Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions apply.|
|5. 888sport||£30 +£10 Casino||
4.70 ★ out of 5
|www.888sport.com||Full T&C’s apply. Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions apply.|
As you can see, our top five esports betting sites have a lot to offer. From high payouts, to many different games there is something for everyone to enjoy. In the following sections we will demons
The Top 5 eSports Betting Websites by Category
There are many esports betting sites out there, but there are only some that perform to the best standard. Below, we have listed the main strengths of the best five. As you can see, they all bring something unique to the table.
- Unibet (Top Quality Market Selection on Offer)
- Mr Green (A Great eSports Gaming Hub)
- bet365 (Live Streams of Events Available)
- Coral (A Varied Number of Bet Types to Choose from)
- 888sport (Daily Events to Place a Wager On)
Obviously, all of our chosen bookmakers perform well across the board. Nevertheless, you see that some have certain characteristics that could sway them in your favour. Depending on your needs, you will have a preference for certain operators.
How Did we Evaluate the Esports Bookies
When it comes to Esports betting there are a lot of things to take into consideration. Our team has developed a set of criteria they use to judge each bookie in a fair an accurate way.The same criteria we use for the evaluation of CS:GO betting sites and League of Legends bookmakers alike. The following sections highlights each point succinctly and shows how our chosen five stand out above the rest.
The Amount of Esports on Offer
The best thing about Esports gambling is the number of different games available. In the coming years we expect this to grow too. Below, you cand find some of the more popular ones with a detailed description to go with it.
- CS:GO Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a world-class multiplayer first person shooter enticing bettors from all over the world. It has 11 million players per month, and matches consist of two sides fighting against each other to win. It is has Valve sponsored matches.
- League of Legends Fought in a batter arena, LoL as it is also known has over 100 million active users. With tournaments all over the world and matches that last 20 – 60 minutes the game is a very exciting to spectate
- Starcraft 2 Published by Blizzard, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is a real time strategy game. Competitions are generally held in South Korea and it has been credited with starting in the Esports revolution. Even so its popularity has waned in recent years.
- Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena. Matches are two teams of five. Each player has a special ability and teams win by destroying the ‘Ancient’ a large structure. It has a million users and tournaments and leagues are scheduled fairly regularly.
- Hearthstone is a free to play online digital collectible card game. Basically, two opponents face off with a deck of 30 cards and a hero. There are several game modes. It has developed into a very popular Esport. With prize money for tournaments reaching over £200,000 for a win!
- Rocket League: Released in 2015, Rocket League became immensely popular. Primarily played on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, many Twitch.tv streamers are now famous from it. The matches are football style, with two goals and two teams competing against one another.
- Fortnite was developed by Epic Games in 2017. Its free to play battle royale game is what defined it. It became a cultural phenomenon with dances replicated around the world. Tournaments are often hard to predict as many players face off and there is only one winner. It is the most popular game listed here.
- PUBG PUBG stands for PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds. It is also a online multiplayer battle royale style game. Up to 100 players face off and the last man standing wins. There are many different types of Esports events – with players facing off one on one, or teams of two, three, or even four.
You may recognise some of the big names on this list, with Fortnite one of the more popular ones. All of them feature in leagues and tournaments that dominate UK esports betting. What’s more you can even play these games for yourself to get a feel for it.
The Betting Types Available
Betting on Esports is the same as any other sport. There are various markets and betting types available for you to place a wager on. We have listed some of the more popular ones below. It must be noted that depending on the event, certain types may not be available.
- Match Winner This is the easiest type of bet. Here you simply predict the winner of the match. This can either predicting the head to head winner, or overall team winner. The odds on offer here aren’t massive so it is perhaps a good idea to combine a few matches together in one map.
- Total Maps Depending on the game, there will be a set of maps each player or team has to play on in a match. This bet focuses on the total number of maps each player from a team will win. It is an interesting bet, however very hard to predict.
- First Blood One of best esports betting tips is to bet on first blood. Here, you will not be deciding the winner, instead the player or team that gets the first kill. Some teams are notoriously fast starters and vice versa, so if you do some research you are a step ahead.
- Correct ScoreVery much like football betting or any other sport you can predict the final outcome of the game. Depending on the number of games you will have a number of different final results to choose from. This is a pretty hard bet to get correct, but the rewards will be high.
As you can see, there isn’t that much variance when it comes to bet types. However, there can be different ones depending on the game being played. It is still a rising sport in the gaming world, but still, you can find such betting markets at many operators with gambling reviews for the UK. The odds on offer at a bookie can really make them stand out above the rest. This is no different at the best Esports betting sites. Our team compiled the list of average odds offered in the table below. You can see how they compare for each game.
|Esports Betting Site||CS:GO||League of Legends||Starcraft 2||Dota 2||Hearthstone||Rocket League||Fortnite||PUBG||Secure Link|
|Mr Green||92.33%||94.02%||94.11%||92.56%||93.02%||93.11%||93.78%||92.99%||Visit Site!|
A general rule of thumb is the higher the odds the higher your payout will be. Sometimes, odds may vary depending on the market, but as you see there is not much difference between our esports betting sites. This is normal in this day and age, as they are all competing for your custom.
Live Esports Betting and Streaming
The fact of the matter is, is that Esports was born around streaming. That is where the excitement comes from and why it has become such a popular sport. As a result, all tournaments and matches should be available to watch via live stream, and also they should be available to bet on in-play.
As Esports betting has its roots in the gaming world it is fairly new to the gambling one. Even so there are still a number of >live betting opportunities available to you. This means you can bet whilst watching.
You can find any event that is available to bet on live by checking the in-play section of the bookmaker. There should be an icon with Esports and there you will find a list of all of the available matches.
Bonuses and Promotions on Offer
There are plenty of bonuses available for Esports betting sites. These can be things like free bets, matched deposits, or even odds multipliers. We have chosen the top promotion below and is one you can really utilise with the sport.
- Bonus: £40
- Min. Odds: 1.40
- Wagering: 35x for Casino part
- Valid on Live: Yes
- Min. Deposit: £20
- Excluded Payments: Skrill, Neteller
- Validity: 7 days
- Bonus Type: Free bets and casino
If you would like more information on promotions, then our sports betting bonuses review goes into thorough detail and provides you with all the details you need regarding specific types of offers. There really is nothing better than playing and winning with a bonus!
The Mobile Platform
The importance of a sports betting mobile app cannot be overstated when it comes to eSports betting. There should be a dedicated download for either iOS or Android. This will enhance you experience of betting on the go and ensure that is a smooth and faultless process.
- Live Streaming:Yes
- Cash Out:Yes
The Esports betting site listed above performs perfectly in the live hemisphere. With the option to cashout you can always save you bet. Furthermore, the real money gambling apps Android users look for have to tick all the boxes and this one integrates perfectly with your smartphone. A wonderful app and a great operator that will take some beating!
Licence & Security Features
It doesn’t matter if your are playing with the best Esports betting site or a lesser known name, there are somethings that they all must have. That is a licence issued by the UK Gambling Commission. If they don’t then they are not legal. So, always look for the Gambling Commission’s logo when you log on to a site.
Furthermore, to make Esports gambling safe, there are a number of organisations that have been created in order to combat problem gambling. GamCare and GambleAware are there to protect the integrity of the industry whilst also helping those that may have fallen victim to addiction or something else.
Payment Methods Available
Those of you partaking in Esports betting UK-wide want to have the most choice possible when it comes to payment methods. E-wallets such as PayPal, Skrill, or Neteller provide you with the ultimate flexibility when it comes to payments and this should be reflected at the sportsbook of your choice.
The best Esports betting sites offer you the ultimate choice, but also fast deposit and quick withdrawals. You want your transactions handled as quickly as possible and the operator of choice should not hinder you in any way. Furthermore, they should not charge you for using normal deposit methods.
New Esports Betting Sites
There are many new sites where Esports betting takes place. That is why we bring you the top three below. They have also gone through a stringent testing process, which we have detailed in our new sports betting sites guide. Check the table out below!
|New Esports Betting Site||Welcome Bonus||Gambling Certificates||Year of Launch||Secure Link||Fair Terms|
|1. MansionBet||£100 100% Deposit Match||Gamble Aware, IBAS, Gambling Commission||2018||www.mansionbet.com||T&Cs apply. 18+ New customers only, min deposit and bet £10 (£20 if E/W bet) from UK Debit card only. Paypal not accepted. Min odds evens (1/5 per multi selection). 4x £5 Free Bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned, no cash out.|
|2. Karamba||£10 Free Bet||Gamble Aware, GamStop, Gambling Commission||2018||www.karamba.com||Full T&Cs apply. 18+, Welcome Bonus: New depositing sport players only. Offer only applies to players who are residents of United Kingdom. Min deposit £10, minimum wagering on sport £20, req qualifying bets at min odds at 1/1, offers valid for 14 days; max one £10 free bet per customer, paid as bonus token with min odds 4/5 req. Selected payment methods. Tournaments run every Friday at 00:00 CET until Thursday 23:59 CET. Tournament Timeout Limit: 35. Stake contribution per bet: £1. Minimum odds: 3/10. Minimum bets in tournament to be eligible for reward: £10. 1st Place Prize: £1000. Prizes granted up to 48h after tournament ends. Free Bet does not contribute towards leaderboard.|
|3. Bethard||£50 In Free Bets||Gamble Aware, GamStop, Gambling Commission||2018||www.bethard.com||Full T&Cs apply. 18+ New UK players only. Min dep £20. Paysafecard excluded. Bonus consists of £5 for every £100 wagered and can be triggered up to 10 times. Max bonus per player £50. Wager free, can be withdrawn instantly. Expires after 7 days from activating the bonus.|
As you can see these are names you may have already heard. It shows they are already respected and that you can rely on them. They provide a top quality Esports section and a very nice welcome bonus. In the coming years they may well break into our top five overall.
Esports Bookies vs More Traditional Options
Esports betting sites offer a multitude of different options than a normal bookie. What’s more, Esports has its own branch of wagering. This is often done between friends or directly on the online platform. Some of the more popular wagers can be found in the boxes below.
Skin betting is a phenomenon where players will bet a ‘skin’ on the outcome of a match, event, or tournament. A skin is a type of virtual costume for your character. Nowadays, skin betting encompasses everything from skins, to other extras you may have associated with your account. It is basically used as a currency for betting.
Here you can set a challenge against someone. E.g. you will get X number of kills in the next match. If you get more, your adversary will pay you X amount, if not you pay them. It is a simple form of betting but adds an extra bit of excitement to and already nerve-wracking game!
Unlike traditional sports betting sites there are some crazy wagers out there. It makes Esports a fun game to be a part of. Even so, you have to be careful when taking part in such kinds of bets to make sure you are not getting cheated. So keep your wits about you.
Teams and Tournaments
Whenever you are playing on the best Esports betting sites, you want to do it whilst playing on the best events. In the following table you will see some of the best tournaments and teams of recent years and where they took place. As you see, Esports has a wonderful history.
|Esport Tournament Tournament||Payout%||Betting Types||Last Winning Team||Location||Bet At|
|Fortnite World Cup||94.32%||6+||Bugha||USA||Mr Green|
|LoL World Championships||94.01%||6+||FunPlus Pheonix||Europe||Coral|
|PUGB Global Championship||94.11%||7+||Gen. G||USA||888sport|
|Intel Extreme Masters Season XIII||94.23%||6+||Astralis||Germany||bet365|
Every year new tournaments are popping up, but these are the true cornerstones of the sport. Everyone loves watching the teams battle it out in a high energy match. The tension runs high and it makers for compelling viewing. We look forward to the next tournaments!
Tips for Wagering
When it comes to using the best Esports betting sites there are some tips and rules you can follow to help you on your way. Although there is no hard and fast way of always winning, there are some steps you can follow to increase your chance. Take a look at our list below!
- Find the Right Bookie – This may seem obvious, but it is important that the bookie you are playing with covers the event you want. That is why it is important to research the markets, events and tournaments they are offering before you play.
- Research the Teams – This should also be self-explanatory. But before betting you should research the teams and players taking part. Some will be favourites for a reason, but there may also be young upshots who could steal the crown.
- Use all Info Available – If a player pulls out from a team, this could really affect their overall standings come the end of a match. That is why it is essential to have all the up to date info, particularly regarding team members and so on.
- Don’ Bet on Too Many Games – This is an easy one to get sucked into, but if you start playing numerous matches at once, you will quickly lose the oversight to make well adjudged decisions. It is best to concentrate fully on one or two at a time.
- Don’t Chase the Odds – Another obvious one, but often times people look at the odds on offer and go for the ones that will be the best. Here, you have to realise that they are so long for a reason and you will be unlikely to win!
- Leave the Emotions Out – Maybe you are a fan of a team or a player, but it does no good to be playing in the heat of the moment. Stop and give your head a shake and move back to reality before you start betting!
As you can see, they may see fairly obvious to some of you, nevertheless it is always good to be reminded. If you keep these in mind every time you place a wager you should be on to a winner. Play with your head and not your heart to increase your chances.
Esports Betting: An Up and Coming Genre
Now we have come to the end of our guide, hopefully, we have answered the question, ‘what is Esports betting?’ You will have seen that it has a lot to offer and there are many top sites to choose from. It is an emerging market and will only grow in popularity in the coming years.
If this has tickled your fancy, then check out our casino sites too. Here, you will find games are in abundance and you have lots to choose from. And why not check our list of legit online casino operators for UK players where you’ll find the most reliable gambling sites. You should certainly give them a go!
Frequently Asked Questions About Esports
Now we have finished our review of Esports betting UK, we are sure you have the information you could possibly need. Even so, there are a few frequently asked questions our readers pose from time to time. You can find them below, along with their answers!