Red Dog Game – Rules, Strategy and the Best Online Casinos
|Best Red Dog Casinos:||Bonus:||Game:||Bet Limits:||Secure Link:||Terms:|
|1. Betway Casino||£250||Microgaming Red Dog||£1–£50||www.betway.com||Full T&Cs apply. United Kingdom - *New customers only. Opt-in required. 100% Match Bonus up to £50 on 1st deposit of £10+. 50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements. Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Irregular gameplay may invalidate your bonus.|
|2. Mansion Casino||£500||Playtech Red Dog||£1–£1000||www.mansioncasino.com||Full T&Cs apply. New customers only. Min deposit £20 max bonus amount £500. First deposit: 100% up to £200. Second deposit: 50% up to £300. Wagering 40x for each bonus. Game weighting applies. Cashback: 5% cashback on first and all other deposits during week 1, 10% cashback on all additional deposits taking place in week 2 only. Bonus betting limits: slots - $/£/€5 all other games – 10% of bonus amount.|
|3. Casumo Casino||£25||NetEnt Red Dog||£1–£100||www.casumo.com||Full T&Cs apply. *18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 20 Bonus Spins on "Book of Dead" and 100% Deposit Bonus up to £25 on first deposit. Min deposit £10. 30x wagering requirement for Bonus Spins and 30x wagering requirement for Deposit Bonus (game weighting applies). Max £5/spin or £0.50/line or £50/round (live casino). 30 days expiry. T&C's Apply. Please gamble responsibly http://www.begambleaware.org/|
If you are new to the game and would like to know more about it before you start to play, then read on! This page contains a complete guide to Red Dog. You will learn about the rules and the payouts. We also delve into the Red Dog strategy and give you tips to help you win. You will also find out about the best Red Dog game developers. In short, by the end of this page, you will know everything you need to know about the game.
An Overview of Red Dog – The Rules of the Game
In Red Dog, you win if the third card drawn falls in between the value of the first two cards that are dealt. The Red Dog card game is sometimes referred to as a poker game. This is because the cards are attributed the same value as in poker. As such, cards 2 – 10 equal their respective value, with a jack worth 11, queen 12 and king 13. The ace is always high, with a value of 14. The card suit is irrelevant. The game can be played with between one and eight decks of cards. Given that the house edge reduces fractionally with each additional deck of cards, you will often find that Red Dog Poker is played with a single, 52-card deck at online casinos.
How to Play Red Dog Card Game
To play Red Dog online, you will need to place an ante bet, which falls within the table limits. You then click deal and 2 cards will be drawn and displayed face-up on the table. There are three possible outcomes to the draw:
- Consecutive values – If the cards are consecutive in number, for example a 6 and a 7, or a queen and a king, the result is a push and the wager is returned to the player.
- Equal values – If the cards are of equal value, a third card is dealt. If the third card is also of the same value, the player wins a payout of 11:1. If any other card is drawn, the result is a push, and the player’s wager is returned.
- Cards are not equal or consecutiveIn this scenario, the spread is established. This is the number of cards that lie between the first two cards, for example, 5 and 7 have a spread of 1; 7 and king have a spread of 5.
The dealer will announce the spread and its payout by placing a marker on the corresponding position on the table. Once the spread has been announced, you have the option to call or to raise your wager. There is no option to fold. Opting to raise will double your initial bet. After opting to raise or call, a third card is revealed. If the card falls outside of the first two, or if it matches either, the player loses. If the third card falls between the value of the first two drawn, a payout is made according to the paytable and the round is complete.
Red Dog Payouts and Odds
There are different payouts in Red Dog, depending on the spread. When the player has a winning hand, they get back their original wager plus the payout according to the following principles.
- A one-card spread pays out 5:1
- A two-card spread pays out 4:1
- A three-card spread pays out 2:1
- A four+ card spread pays out 1:1
Whilst the payouts for a smaller spread are higher, your chances of winning a hand increase the larger the spread. Here you can see the probability of winning for every possible spread. The table also shows the house edge for each scenario. The following calculations are based on a six-deck Red Dog game.
|Spread||Payout||Odds of Winning||Probability of Winning||House Edge|
Red Dog Strategy and Tips
One of the highlights of Red Dog Poker is the simple, straightforward rules, which allow for fast-paced gameplay. Unlike games such as blackjack and poker, where there are complex strategies for optimal gameplay, the optimal Red Dog strategy is fairly simple.
Whilst the payout may be the same for all spreads of between 4 and 11, as you can see from the table above, the probability of winning only swings above 50%, and as such, to the player’s advantage if the spread is 7 or higher. For this reason, the optimal strategy is to raise when the spread is 7 or higher. When the spread is 6 or lower, the best action is to call.
Another factor to consider is the number of decks that the game is played with. As mentioned earlier, the house edge reduces as the number of decks increases. The RTP of a single deck game is 97.33%, which increases to 97.66% in an 8-deck game. As such, it is in the player’s interests to play versions with a larger number of decks, when the option is available.
A useful tip for beginners is to play Red Dog for free before you play for real money. All 3 of our recommended casinos, which are listed at the top of this page offer a demo version of Red Dog, which you can try out just for fun. Playing a few rounds for free will help build your understanding of the rules and gameplay and prepare you to play confidently with real money.
Leading Developers of Online Red Dog Games
Whilst games such as blackjack and roulette have numerous variants to choose from, when it comes to Red Dog, there is a standard version with fixed rules. Yet that is not to say that there is no variety when you play a Red Dog card game online. Many game developers have created a version of the game. Whilst the basic rules remain the same, they differ in terms of graphical quality, table limits and optional settings. Let’s take a closer look at the 3 leading developers of the game.
- . NetEnt are renowned for the high quality of their casino games, and their Red Dog game is no exception. NetEnt’s version of the game is called Progressive Red Dog. This refers to the progressive betting option that features in the game. It allows you to automatically leave your winnings on the table and use them for the next round. Yet, there is also an option to disable the progressive betting feature in the settings menu, if you prefer. You can also opt to collect your winnings after any hand you win. The game is played with a single deck of cards. In true NetEnt style, the game boasts slick graphics and an intuitive layout.
- .Playtech are one of the world’s leading providers of gambling software and games. Their quality software powers some of the biggest names in the online casino industry. Their portfolio of table games is extensive, and Red Dog is available for both instant play and casino download software clients. The game is played with a single 52-card deck, which is shuffled after every round. The game includes a fast play option, which eliminates animations, to increase the pace of the gameplay. Typical of a Playtech game, the graphical quality is top-notch, with key details, such as the betting limits clearly displayed on the table.
- .Microgaming are one of the longest-standing developers, with over 20 years’ experience of creating quality gaming solutions for the online gambling industry. They boast one of the biggest casino game libraries of all developers, which includes hundreds of slots, table games and other games. Red Dog is featured at the best Microgaming casinos. The layout is simple and intuitive. There are no additional settings and options included in the game, which keeps the gameplay straightforward. Whilst the graphics are a little old-school compared to other providers, there is no detracting from the entertainment the game has to offer.
Red Dog is a Simple and Fun Game You Should Try!
Red Dog is somewhat of an underdog when it comes to table games, and is often overlooked for more popular games, such as roulette, blackjack and casino poker. Yet Red Dog is a worthy inclusion in any casino site’s game selection. It boasts straightforward, uncomplicated rules that make for fast-paced, engaging gameplay. Likewise, the optimum strategy for winning is super simple and easy to stick to as you play. If you would like to try your luck at Red Dog, then be sure to check out Mansion Casino – our top pick for playing this exciting card game.
Frequently Asked Questions about Red Dog Game
Red Dog, no matter how pleasant it is to play, is less known by people, including gamblers. So it is perfectly fine to have questions and we are here to help as much as we can. Below you will see the queries that players ask, together with our answers to them. Like this, hopefully, you will learn everything needed for starting your Red Dog experience. Have fun!
What is Red Dog casino game?
Red Dog is a variation of other games but it is a bit less known than the rest of the versions. The rules are pretty simple - you are dealt three cards. If the value of the third falls in between the values of the other two - you win. There are more things to know, of course, so you can read more about the rules of Red Dog.
How to play Red Dog card game?
In the moment that you have an account in the Red Dog sites that we recommend you can begin. Once seated on a table, you will have to place your ante bet. Then 2 cards will be dealt face up. Then there are several options depending on the value of the cards but all in all, you win if the third card that will be dealt falls as a value between the first two.
Where to play Red Dog?
In one of the best Red Dog online casinos, of course. We can grant you that they are safe, licensed and completely fair as well. They have quite rich game portfolios, which means that you will never get bored and you will even be rewarded with a welcome bonus and other ongoing promotions.